Trust our science
Our clinical papers show how our products put you in control of your fertility journey, and maximize your chances of getting pregnant more quickly. That's because they are focussed on the accuracy of the two things you need to know to get pregnant - predicting and confirming the date of ovulation in each cycle.
The clinical proof for OvuFirst is provided by a side by side study of the OvuFirst sensor with vaginal core body temperature measured using the OvuCore sensor - Hurst BS, Davies K (2022) Novel Technique for Confirmation of the Day of Ovulation and Prediction of Ovulation. Bioeng. Biotechnol.
Further clinical studies into our products have identified:
- the wide spread of day of ovulation in OvuSense user cycles:
Hurst BS, Citron C (2020) Normalised Ovulation Timing in Population using Core Body Temperature Monitoring to conceive S-194 Society for Reproductive Investigation, 2020 Annual Meeting.
- the association of atypical cycle patterns displayed by the OvuSense Pro product and ovulatory issues:
Karoshi M, Hurst B (2020) Atypical Temperature Patterns as an Aid to Identify Infertility Issues and Miscarriage Risk. P-628 European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology 36th Annual Meeting.
- the atypical cycle patterns which led to the development of the OvuSense Pro product:
Hurst BS, Karoshi M (2020) Atypical Core Body Temperature patterns and the wider implications for conditions related to pregnancy, infertility, and miscarriage risk P-833 American Society for Reproductive Medicine 76th Annual conference. Poster; Fertility and Sterility - September 2020 Volume 114, Issue 3, Supplement, Pages e446–e447 |
Hurst BS, Pirrie A (2019) Atypical vaginal temperature patterns may identify subtle not yet recognised causes of infertility P-345 American Society for Reproductive Medicine 75th Annual conference.;, Fertility and Sterility - September 2019 Volume 112, Issue 3, Supplement, Pages e244–e245;
Our products are backed by a significant number of patents. Very few other products have this degree of proof of novel technology:
What is so important about clinical studies?
As you make a decision about which product to choose, clinical studies are one of the most important sources of information. However...
Not all studies are same. True clinical studies are done in controlled settings and reported as 'posters' at scientific meetings and in journals dedicated in our case to either Obstetrics and Gynecology, or by specialists in Reproductive Medicine. Studies presented this way must be “peer reviewed” by other specialists before they can be published. That's the way that medical professionals know they can trust the research.
As you consider other methods and products; take the time to check out the clinical studies that they quote. Some products don't provide any scientific backing, some talk about studies which are not reviewed by specialists, some are not published in specialist journals, and some don't provide you with useful information about how they can help you get pregnant.
Which fertility monitor is right for me?
Compare OvuSense with other methods for monitoring your ovulation and reproductive cycle.
As you consider which fertility monitor fits you best some typical things to consider are:
- How large a fertile window will it detect so you can maximize the time when you're trying to conceive
- How accurate is it at confirming ovulation - the less accurate the less chance of it helping you in your next cycle
- Can it predict ovulation using the current cycle data - something we like to call realtime prediction
- Does the system work for PCOS and irregular cycles
- Can it help your doctor screen for fertility issues
- Can it help you and your doctor monitor your medication or treatment
Each of the statistics quoted below are derived from clinical evidence available on fertility monitoring methods and products. Pro refers to the OvuSense Pro clinician portal. Click on the 'i' icon next to each method in the table, or directly on the method in the table on mobile devices to find out more about the clinical evidence.
|Feature/ How many does it get right|
Fertile window prediction days
Live ovulation prediction
PCOS and irregular cycles
Screen for fertility issues
Track medications and treatments
(Core Body Temperature)
|Fertility Tracker Apps||FTA|
|Basal Body Temperature ||BBT|
Fertility Bracelet Devices
|Ovulation Predictor |
Kits and Monitors
|Serum Progesterone ||SP|
Fertility Tracker Apps (FTA)
Basal Body Temperature (BBT)
Skin Worn/ Fertility Bracelet Devices (SW/ FB)
Ovulation Predictor Kits and Monitors (OPK/ OPM)
Serum Progesterone (SP)
Fertility Testing Methods Key
- OF OvuFirst (Skin Temperature)
- OS Core OvuSense OvuCore (Core Body Temperature)
- BBT Basal Body Temperature
- FTA Fertility Tracker Apps
- SWD Skin Worn Devices
- FBD Fertility Bracelet Devices
- OPK Ovulation Predictor Kits (urine strips)
- OPM Ovulation Prediction Monitors (urine strips)
- SP Serum Progesterone
- US Ultrasound